matthew1431

theological ramblings and thoughts that are not of this world!

Name:
Location: raytown, missouri, United States

Friday, March 30, 2007

so far!

well, so far i don't think i've lost any wieght, however i also haven't done an incredible amount of exercising, nor have i stuck to this diet thing like i had hoped. it's not that it's hard to eat different foods, it's that it's hard to eat healthy foods. not because they taste bad, i have always liked fruits and veggies, it's that it's hard to get them, and harder to have breakfast or lunch in a healthy manner. i am still figuring it all out, thanks for the suggestions. so jonathan, how is your training going?

1 Comments:

Blogger jonathandy said...

Matt- good diet habits take a long time to establish. Be patient. The question to ask yourself is not so much "Am I being perfect with my diet?" but more "Am I doing better than last week?"

As far as your training, start of easy. Too much exercise will either burn you out or injure you, especially while carrying the extra pounds you don't want. The more you lose, the harder you can train. I would target for 3-4 days a week; 30-60 min. of activity. Don't think that a bunch of walking or jogging will do the trick. For starters, you would benefit from hitting the weight room or do resistance training in a circuit style of routine. If you don't have a gym, you could do something like:

3 min jog
2 min walk
3 min jog
rest

20 body weight squats
15 push ups
10 crunches
rest
repeat 5 times

or whatever you want to create and put together

The most critical piece is actually getting out and doing something. Pick a time, pick a place, write it down so you have to look at it (and it has to look at you)

Some of the most intense training I've ever done is the stuff on www.crossfit.com Most of the stuff is simple enough that you don't need an entire weight room. The unfortunate part is that most of the stuff on their is pretty advanced in fitness level.

...

My training is going pretty good. I've been training as a competitive athlete for a good fifteen years and I've never had a surgery or major injury. I think I've only been to the physical therapist once. This season of training is definitely testing my healthy record, but I think I'll make it through. I can honestly say training has never been more challenging in my life, but I guess that goes with the nature of what I'm wanting to accomplish.

You keep on pressing through with getting a consistent diet and fitness routine. The 30 year old you will be very thankful for the persistence you tap into this year.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home