matthew1431

theological ramblings and thoughts that are not of this world!

Name:
Location: raytown, missouri, United States

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

that sacred heritage

in the past i have almost envied those who have an incredible life changing story about their conversion. although i lived a life displeasing to God, i was not a crack addict or a rapist or anything like that. and i cannot point out one single time that God "broke through" and my life changed forever, that has happened many times in many ways. in recent days with the failing health of my grandparents someone at my church commented that they had never met my grandparents but from what they had heard i had an incredible christian heritage. now my initial response was a simple "yeah, i guess i do" but i have thought over that a little more now. i realize that the heritage i have is an incredible testimony in itself. throughout this "journey" with my grandma my grandpa has had one single line, calmly and persistently he keeps saying, "the Lord will get us through." now initially i thought he was just being juvinille, i mean she is 81 and is restricted to bed and a wheelchair, and she is constently choking. but last thursday morning, we thought that was it, she literally stopped breathing for 15 seconds, foam comming out of her mouth, then, another breath. by that afternoon she was up in her wheelchair talking and laughing with everyone. that ladies and gentlemen is a miricle. she has had seven different types of cancer and made it through each one, her first heart-attack was before her youngest child was born. i don't say this to puff up my grandma, but to simply say, i am blest with a wonderful heritage, unfortunatly it has taken alot for me to realize that. you ask me why we don't see miricles anymore, i ask you where you are looking. quit trying to "explain" everything away and you will appreciate the awesome God i call daddy.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Matt, I too have often thought that my testimony is nothing special. Yet, I am so thankful of where I am today. I enjoy reading your thoughts. Tell your family hi for me.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Beauty from Ashes said...

thank you for realizing your "heritage" before it is too late....we so often think of those that gave us so much after they are gone. i've enjoyed your thoughts........
mamalee

7:21 AM  
Blogger Samuel said...

Hi Matt,
I haven't seen you in a long time - I'm so thankful that today's newfangled technology is allowing me to get in contact with old friends like you.
It is wonderful to hear from my own parents how my grandparents came to the Lord and how that completely changed the paths they (my parents) were going to take in life. Without our Christian heritages, who knows where we would be today, right?

Samuel A.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Joyce Collins said...

Hi Matt, I just found out about your Grandma's funeral yesterday. I am so sorry...but what a great tribute you wrote here before her going to that place we are all so anxious to go to!!!!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger angie said...

Matt, I read Joyce's comment and my heart broke. I know that you know this, but she is in a better place and I am envious of that! I will pray for you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Beauty from Ashes said...

Matt,
I'm truly sorry to hear about your grandma. I didn't know anything about this..guess the grapevine isn't working really good these days....Please accept my deepest sympathy for your family during this difficult time and in the days to come. Your tribute before her passing was wonderful, and she was blessed to have such a wonderful grandson such as you
mamalee

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home