matthew1431

theological ramblings and thoughts that are not of this world!

Name:
Location: raytown, missouri, United States

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

summer goal!

ok, so about a week ago i injured my knee, i tore the acl? and had to go to the doctor (kicking and screaming!) at that visit the doc told me of my injury and also said i was fat! (a little nicer than that, but same thing) he said that for my hieght i should be about 163lbs. now when i wieghed i was 272lbs! so here is my goal this summer, by the end of the summer i want to be between 160 and 180. i am changing my eating habits and as soon as my knee heals i will start exercising more. i want you all to keep me accountable to this, i am actually serious about this! so if you have any suggestions (joyce or jonathan collins!) i would be ameable to them. and all the support i can get. thanks and God bless!

3 Comments:

Blogger jonathandy said...

Hey Matt! I had not realized you were keeping up a blog until my mom reminded me.

So your up for a little weight tacklin', eh? There's no ONE right answer or diet, but I'll give you a few tips to help you get going...

1. Keep a daily log of EVERYTHING you eat. (this may be your most effective tool to healthy eating)

2. Avoid allowing the following foods in to your diet. I have a friend who calls these "Jonathan's 5 commandments" but I consider them to be things to avoid, not outlaw.

a. White flours (enriched breads, MOST pastas, cereals, pastries, etc.)

-instead, make sure everything is whole wheat

b. Man-made sugars (sweets, anything "high fructose corn syrup", pop, etc.)

-instead, allow natural sugars from natural sources such as fruit
or honey

c. Fried foods (french fries, any breaded or flakey meats, etc.)

-instead go for the grilled or baked options

d. Processed foods (anything out of a frozen box, can, sealed plastic, or fast food building; this includes deli sandwiches)

-instead go for fresh, real food and meats. If you want deli, buy from the deli man himself and confirm which meats are not processed.

e. Bad fats (easy on the cheesey, butter, most cooking oils, unlean meats like bacon or cheap beef, etc.)

-instead go for cottage cheese, olive oil, lean meats, etc.


So in summary, avoid:

white flour
bad sugar
fried foods
processed foods
bad fats


more to come later...

8:04 AM  
Blogger Joyce Collins said...

Good Job, Jonathan!! I would add to that Matt, that muscle building increases your metabolism! With increased metabolism your body burns more calories. If you do exercises 20 minutes after you eat it increases your chances of burning calories. If you do that after two meals (breakfast and dinner) you can do pretty well!
I miss our chats! :?)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Joyce Collins said...

So, how is it going?

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home